Boston: I Will Not Miss You... (read on)

(Some of this is more to myself; pardon any poor or cliche writing)

I will not miss you, Boston.

But I will miss your people. You are the home to so many of my best friends. And that is the only reason I am sad to leave you. You are not the place for me though. You were great to me when I was at school; I enjoyed so many parts of you, but they will rest as fond memories in my mind, not as devices to pull me back.

My last weekend in Boston was great. I pwn'd my packing responsibilities, and had most of my time there to hang out with friends, friends I won't see for quite a while I fear. I recorded my parts for the Video Game Orchestra album which is gonna be sick. Check out a little sample:



It still hasn't hit me that I'm not going back any time soon. Being still two and a half weeks away from the end of this tour, I have yet to experience the typical sense of leaving. It's strange leaving in a place for good but not settling in another place for another month. And it's not like I've been living in Boston at all this summer; I've been out playing with the band since June 1st. So I had to sit and think about the life I was leaving in order to appreciate the severity of this move. I won't see my friends for a long time, I won't play with Video Game Orchestra, I won't be a part of the Boston church movement, I won't pay 700 dollars a month just to have a roof over my head.

Okay, there are some perks to leaving, definitely. And after considering it all I know it is still worth it, it's just that right now I'd rather not go. Even though the touring life means your with people 24/7 it has been easy to feel lonely. I think you still need the people who get you in your life. People who you have other things in common with you other than work. Makes me appreciate those I've gotten to know over the past 4 years a little more.


Shout outs, goodbye for now. I love you guys. I'm sorry I didn't all get to see all of you one last time before I left.

VGO:
Rosie
Brent
Brian
Akash
Zac
Niki
Alvaro
Shota
Yohei
Jeff
Julgi
Alex
Barak

REUNION/Common Church/Park Street:
Andrew
Bobby
Krissy
Pete
Graham
Gerald
Melanie
Mike
Tim
Nick
Phoebe
Trevor
Damon
Lisa
Hanneke

Berklee:
Kevin
Brian
Justin
Paul
Jidam



Much love,
Jon

0 comments:

Post a Comment