NYC - The Studio @ Webster Hall

Last night was so fun. We were on the bill with Under the Elephant, My Pet Dragon, and Zach Hurd. Really nice crowd; just a bunch of people looking to have a good time. The Studio at Webster Hall is a basement venue underneath a bigger dance club, known for it's cool underground music scene. I heard that lots of the Brooklyn dancy-jam bands play there quite often. We played great, and that was a big plus because the TJ & the Hot Mugs producer, Kiyanu Kim of 3PMusic Productions was there. I had never met him before, but now I totally understand why the rest of the guys respect him so much. He had a lot of good things to say about our performance and some really helpful criticisms for us. Such a neat guy too.

And now to guest-star for a few lines, here's a few words from our Keys/Guitar/Vox/anything else we need him to play guy, David Sollee:

"I thought we had an awesome show! Jon and I were breaking it down and groovin' the whole set. I feel that the vibe was the best we've had so far. There is a light at the end of the tunnel and it is becoming clearer and clearer every time we play. Look out world here come The Hot Mugs!"

Thanks David! Alright, rehearsal in a few minutes, and after that, we're taking it easy the rest of the day. Tomorrow, Allentown, PA!

Jon

0 comments:

Post a Comment