Los Angeles - The Viper Room

Oh. My. Gosh. Epic show at the Viper Room just last night. Hands down the best venue we've played so far. It was so obvious we were playing at another level when we got on that stage. Before you go on they close curtains that cover the entire stage so the audience can't see you, and then they announce your name and draw the curtains as you count off the first song. It was so cool. The Viper room is one of the most professional venues on the strip, although it's got a nasty reputation because of the death of River Phoenix. Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers played opening night, and many famous bands have played there, kind of like the Whiskey A-Go-Go. We played awesomely and there were tons of people there, so it was a blast to play the show. The real treat for me however was seeing my uncle Gary and cousins Brad & Amanda, who I haven't seen in at least 9 years! It was so good to hang with them after the show and to catch up. We talked late into the night drinking coffee on the strip before they headed home and I went back to our hotel. Here are a few pics from last night's show. Epic lighting, huh?


We're driving to Austin, TX as I type this! I really liked LA, but I'm very much looking forward to Austin and the rest of Texas. I think our music will be better received in the south, plus, 3 of our band members are from Texas so we expect a lot of local support. See you in Texas!

Jon

0 comments:

Post a Comment